Avocado recipes are increasingly popular due to its beneficial health properties. Avocado (or avocado pear) is the fruit of the avocado tree and has monounsaturated fats in its composition. This is the so-called “good fat”, which protects the heart and helps reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
There are countless recipes with avocado that we can make, both sweet and savory . From pancakes to chocolate mousses , including the famous guacamole , a typical Mexican sauce, the possibilities are diverse.
When choosing fruits, you should avoid buying them that are very green, so you can cut and consume them more easily. For certain recipes in which the avocado is reduced to puree , the ideal is to buy it more ripe.
For those who don't enjoy the flavor of this natural fruit, below are three simple and delicious recipes with avocado, suggested by Anita Healthy .
- 1 ripe avocado cut into pieces
- 50 g of natural Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of Whey protein, chocolate flavored
- 30 g of gluten-free oat flakes
- 1 pinch of pure stevia powder
- Coconut oil q. B.
- Place the ingredients in a food processor and blend for approximately 3 minutes or until a homogeneous mixture is obtained;
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little coconut oil;
- Add 2 tablespoons of the dough and form a pancake;
- Cook the pancake on both sides;
- Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
These pancakes are a perfect avocado recipe for breakfast, brunch or snack.
Homemade Green Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados cut into pieces
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 1 Handful of spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for approximately 30 seconds, until you obtain a paste;
- Assess the consistency and grind a little more, if necessary.
Chocolate and Avocado Brownies
Ingredients (for the dough):
- 2 Avocados (small)
- 200 g of apple puree
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
- ½ Cup of raw cocoa powder
- 100 g coconut flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of lightly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Teaspoon coconut oil
Ingredients (for the syrup):
- ½ Cup of cocoa butter
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- ½ Cup of coconut drink (without sugar)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 o C and line a pan (20 x 20 cm) with parchment paper, greased with coconut oil;
- Process, in a blender, the avocado pulp and apple puree, together with the honey;
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the puree obtained in the previous step;
- Add the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Stir well and then add the broken hazelnuts;
- Place the dough in the pan and bake in the oven for around 35 minutes. The dough should be cooked, but not too dry;
- Let the cake cool a little. Meanwhile, prepare the syrup.
Preparation of the syrup:
- Heat the cocoa butter in a pan until it softens slightly;
- Lower the heat and add the coconut sugar, cocoa powder and, finally, the coconut drink;
- Stir continuously for about 3 minutes, using a wire stick or a fork, until uniform.
Finally, just prick the cake (with a toothpick or a fork) and drizzle with the syrup to make it very wet.
Not even the most greedy will resist! Who knew this was a recipe with avocado and other healthy ingredients?