User privacy is a fundamental aspect for Oito.Um, with all information being treated confidentially. By using our website, you have shown trust in the brand, and we greatly value this vote of confidence, therefore we will act in accordance with your interests and will be transparent about the way we treat the information collected.
The personal information collected may include your name, email, telephone and/or cell phone number, address, date of birth and/or others. The data collected is used to process orders and deliveries, and may be used by Oito.Um for communication purposes such as promotional campaigns if there is due authorization.
Oito.Um is committed to protecting your data and does not sell or rent the data provided to third party agents. The data will only be provided to third party agents who are partners in improving the website and your user experience, or if required by law.
In situations of improper use of the website and regardless of the applicable legal procedure, Oito.Um reserves the right, in particular, to cancel user registration, remove orders, as well as any other type of user content.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union - GDPR, any user of the website has the right to request information about stored data, as well as request its editing or deletion.
If you wish to delete it, Oito.Um and its partners have 30 days to do so. To do this, you must send us a change request to the email support @oitoum.pt .
What type of personal data is collected?
We can only provide you with a good service if we have the necessary information in our possession. Therefore, when using our services you will be asked to provide us with some data. We will need to know your name, contact information, and payment information. In addition, we also collect information from your computer, phone, tablet or other device that you use to access our website, including the IP address, the browser used and the language selected.
When you place an order, you will be asked at least your name and email address. We may also ask you to provide us with your address, telephone number, payment details, and other relevant information so that the service runs smoothly.
If you need to contact our customer support team, or if you contact us through any means, we may also collect additional information that allows us to respond to you as accurately and immediately as possible.
You may decide to participate in referral programs or sweepstakes, and by doing so you will also be providing us with personal data. Furthermore, you can also leave us your comments.
If you decide not to complete an order, whenever you visit our website we will collect certain information automatically. This information includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or Internet browser you use, and information about your computer's operating system, such as application versions and language settings. We will also collect information about clicks and pages displayed to you.
If you are using a mobile device, we may collect information that identifies your mobile device, device settings and characteristics.
We may also receive information about you to provide you with relevant advertising, for example additional cookie data provided by social media partners.
What is the purpose of collecting and using your personal data?
Our sole aim is to ensure that we provide you with the best experience possible. Both during your visit to our website and during the quick and efficient delivery of your order. We also use your personal data to contact you and inform you about the latest offers and special offers and other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. In these cases, we will only do so with your consent, if you subscribe to our newsletter.
To better understand:
- First of all, we use your personal data to complete and manage your online order, which is very important to what we do as a company! This includes sending you messages about your order, such as confirmations, modifications and reminders.
- We provide excellent customer support service. Having access to your relevant details, such as order information or information about your user account, allows us to be better prepared when you need to contact us.
- Oitoum.pt users can create a user account on our websites. We use the information you provide to administer your account, allowing you to perform several very useful actions. You can manage your personal settings, you can place an order more quickly, you can know the status of your order, and you can request to change or delete all this information from our database.
- We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include regularly sending information about fitness-related products. You can unsubscribe from these marketing emails quickly, easily and at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link that is included in every newsletter or communication.
- The data you provide us is used to communicate with you. There may be occasions when we will contact you, whether by email, post, telephone or message. And we also process the communications you send to us.
- When placing an order, we may send you a questionnaire or invitation to provide us with feedback about your experience.
- Sometimes we invite our clients to participate in market research. Each search requires specific information, which you will be informed about to understand what personal data is collected and how it is also used.
- We also use your personal data for analytical purposes. This procedure is part of our commitment to improving the customer experience, but it can also be used to test features, resolve problems and improve the quality and functioning of our services. The main objective is to optimize and customize our online platform according to your needs, creating a website that is pleasant and easy to use.
Providing your personal data is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you wish to use, we may only be able to provide that service to you if certain personal data is collected. For example, we cannot process your order if we do not collect your name and contact details.
To process your personal data as described above, we use the following legal bases:
Oitoum.pt is based on the legal basis that the processing of personal data is necessary for the execution of a contract, namely to finalize and manage your order. If the necessary personal data is not provided, we will be unable to provide customer service. We also rely on the legitimate commercial interest of providing these services, preventing fraud and improving our services. When using personal data for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Oitoum.pt or third parties, we will always consider your rights and interests in protecting your personal data in relation to the rights and interests of Oitoum.pt or third parties. When necessary under applicable law, Oitoum.pt will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the processing carried out under the points above and if a self-exclusion mechanism is not directly available (for example, in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact support @oitoum.pt .
How is your data shared with third parties?
In order to have an online sales service available, we have to interact with several entities – third parties. We are talking, for example, about financial institutions, advertising agencies, government authorities or others. We do not sell or rent your personal data. And we only share them with entities that respect the GDPR, like us.
In certain circumstances, we will share your data with third parties.
- The delivery service provider: This point is crucial to what we do! In order to complete your order, we communicate the relevant information to the Logistics Service that will deliver your order. Depending on the order and the service provider, this information may include your name, contact information, payment details, or other information you specified when placing your order.
- Third-party service providers: We use service providers that are not part of the Oitoum.pt business group, to help us provide the services. These providers support services such as
- Market research;
- Fraud detection and prevention services, including a fraud analysis service;
- payment services. We use third parties to process payments, refunds or for collections services. Where a refund is requested by you or the holder of the credit card used to place the order, we will need to share certain information about your order with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution so that the refund can be processed. These may include a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address used to make the booking. We may share information with relevant financial institutions if we consider this to be strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- Marketing services: We share personal information with advertising partners, including your email, as part of Oitoum.pt's marketing services through third parties (which ensure that relevant advertising is shown to the right people). We strive to share emails in encrypted form so that they are matched with an existing database, thus preventing them from being used for other purposes. For more information about personalized advertising and your choices, please read the Cookie Statement.
All service providers must maintain adequate safeguards for your personal information.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement officials in accordance with current legislation or if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we are otherwise legally obliged to do so. We may need to disclose further personal data to law enforcement authorities in order to protect and defend our rights or property, or the rights and property of our business partners.
How can you control the personal data you shared with Oitoum.pt?
You always have the right to review the personal data we hold about you. You can request a summary of your personal data via email address support @oitoum.pt . If you want to know more about your rights to control your personal data, read below.
We want you to have control over how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- you may inform us of any changes to your personal data or you may ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you;
- in certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or limit the processing of personal data we hold about you, or object to certain uses we are making of your personal data; It is
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have provided to a third party.
When we use your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, in accordance with applicable law. Furthermore, when we process your personal data based on legitimate interests or public interest, you have the right to object at any time to such use of your personal data, in accordance with applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, correct and current. Please inform us promptly of any changes to, or inaccuracies in, your personal data by contacting us.
If you have a user account, you will be able to access a significant part of your personal data through our website. Our website gives you the option to add, update or remove information we have about you.